In the uk 23rd April every year is the date that celebrates St George’s Day so I thought I would do a humourous post for you, I hope you enjoy reading it.
15 Yorkshire sayings/slang
- Let’s have a butcher’s? – Lets have a look
- See a man about a dog – Do a deal
- Don’t get ya knickers in a twist – Don’t get worked up
- Give ya a bell – I’ll ring you
- You’re the bees knees – You are awesome
- That looks a bit dodgy – That looks very strange/ suspicious
- Bob’s ya uncle – There you go
- Don’t you look the dog’s dinner – Don’t you look nice?
- On ya Bike – Take a walk/go away
- Fancy a brew? – Would you like a cup of tea?
11.You having a laugh? – Are you joking?
12.Just what the doctor ordered – Just what you needed
- Beat around the bush – Avoiding a question
- Rings a bell that – That sounds familiar
- It’s chucking it down – It’s raining
What is your favourite sayings/slang phrases?
Leave a comment with any slang terms that you know of!
Thanks for reading my Blog, Happy St George’s Day!